Title: Speech Pathologist- Experienced and Graduate Opportunities
Company Name: North and West Remote Health Limited
Job Location: Brisbane QLD,
Employment Status: Full time
- Join a leading community, non-profit, primary health care services provider - multiple opportunities available!
- Enjoy an attractive starting salary of $73,978 - $94,544 (commensurate with experience) PLUS super and up to $15,900 salary sacrificing!
- Excellent benefits on offer, including flexible working environment, 17.5% leave loading, 5 weeks annual leave, annual return flight home, paid professional development up to $10,000 AND relocation assistance!
Come for the life experience, stay for the lifestyle
Multiple opportunities are available for full-time Speech Pathologists to join the North and West Remote Health in Townsville, Longreach or Mount Isa.
As part of a supportive, diverse, and multidisciplinary team, you’ll provide speech pathology services in collaboration with a range of specialists. You'll get to treat based on clinical need without the barriers that are often present in private practice funding; offering long-term treatment and prevention strategies.
You will work with a diverse range of clients, set your own schedule and have the chance to see the real difference your work makes as you enable rural communities to live and receive high-quality holistic care.
- Administer standardised and informal tests and observe clients to determine the nature and extent of their communication disorders or swallowing difficulties;
- Provide treatment and management of speech, language, learning and communication disorders that may be developmental, part of a disability, acquired as a result of injury or disease; and
- Deliver family centred early childhood intervention strategies
For further questions, please contact Thomas Norton on 07 4781 9300 or [email protected] or Stephanie Bell on 07 4744 7600 or [email protected]
Skills and experience:
You will need to be registered, or eligible to obtain registration with AHPRA and Speech Pathology Australia, and have a passion for providing quality healthcare to rural communities.
In addition you will need (or be eligible):
- A combined blue card & NDIS worker screening
- A current, unrestricted 'C' class Australian Driver's Licence; and
- The right to live and work in Australia
Why join our team?
- The clinical caseload is varied, giving great exposure to a range of different clinical presentations, allowing you to explore all areas of your discipline early on in your career;
- We provide genuine community and not-for-profit primary health care services where there is no cost to the client;
- We have a great team culture with many early career professionals across our business; this allows for strong friendships to be formed and a wealth of peer support to be provided;
- Working with a large multidisciplinary team you will learn about other health disciplines, holistic health care and referral pathways that exist, allowing a wraparound service for your clients; and
- If applying as a Graduate, you will be well supported with structured supervision and mentoring.
We pride ourselves on growing our clinicians to be the best versions of themselves and providing career progression opportunities. At whatever level you join, you'll have ongoing mentorship and support available and the opportunity to choose your own external mentor. Plus, not only will you receive up to 10 days paid professional development leave per year, but in addition to this, up to $10,000 for outside professional development (including flights and accommodation if required)!
Whether you are looking for a change of scenery or a new adventure, this is an opportunity to make a real and valuable contribution.
Have an amazing lifestyle and work life-balance whilst making a real difference to those living in the community - Apply Now!
- You must have the right to live and work in Australia to be considered for this role;
- All final applicants for this position will be asked to consent to a criminal record check; and
- Have or be willing to obtain annual influenza and be fully vaccinated against Covid-19.
Read Before Apply
Please outline your eligibility to work in Australia.Are you currently registered, or eligible to register, with Speech Pathology Australia?Which location is your preference?Do you currently hold a blue and yellow card/ NDIS worker screening, or are willing to obtain prior to commencing employment? Mark all that apply.Please confirm your experience level below:What interests you about working in rural health care, and why are you interested in joining the NWRH team?What is your Covid-19 vaccination status?If successful, when would you be available to commence with North and West Remote Health?